The Best Keto Meatloaf Recipe
I don’t even like meatloaf but this Keto Meatloaf was awesome! My kids and my parents love it. Almost any side dish you like will go well with it! This Keto Meatloaf is delicious, low carb and gluten free.
Flavor was amazing. It was excellent, moist, tender and flavorful. There were no leftovers. Will be making again for sure!
- 1.5 pounds meatloaf mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp yellow onion, diced
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 cup pork rinds, crushed
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp granulated erithrytol (or similar sugar substitute)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in small skillet. Add onions, thyme and garlic and cook until fragrant, taking care not to burn. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine ground meat mix, salt and pepper, egg, pork rinds, parmesan, parsley, mustard, hot sauce and whipping cream. Add in onion mixture. Combine with your hands until all ingredients are incorporated. At this point the mix should be sticky but combined.
- Pat the mix into a free form loaf shape. Place on baking sheet (I top mine with a sheet of tin foil to simplify cleanup). Combine tomato paste, vinegar and sweetener until thoroughly incorporated. Using a pastry brush, top the meatloaf to create a glaze.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the internal temp of the meatloaf reads 160 degrees. Serve and enjoy!
6 servings, nutrition per serving:
398 calories, 30.5 grams fat, 3.1 grams carbohydrate, .4 grams fiber (2.7 grams net carbohydrate), 36.2 grams protein.
NUTRITIONAL DISCLAIMER Please note that I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am simply recounting and sharing my own experiences on this blog. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advice and you should consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. I provide nutritional information for my recipes simply as a courtesy to my readers. It is calculated using MacGourmet software and I remove erythritol from the final carb count and net carb count, as it does not affect my own blood glucose levels. I do my best to be as accurate as possible but you should independently calculate nutritional information on your own before relying on them. I expressly disclaim any and all liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.
Please follow us on Facebook Page and enjoy our collection of recipes, crafts, fitness, health tips, gardening, DIY and more…
Recipe by Olivia S.
What is meatloaf mix?
a mixture of pork lean ground beef and ground beef that is a little fattier, usually in the meat case listed as meatloaf mix ask your butcher.
i don’t see the serving size which is really important to get the right amount of calories, carbs, fat and carbs