Serendipity Deluxe Bars Recipe
Serendipity Deluxe Bars are great! Take some time this weekend and make these to enjoy with friends and family. They will thank you.
- 1 cup butter, cold and diced
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely ground
- 3/4 cup (6 oz) butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 13×9-inch pan.
To prepare the crust, combine all four ingredients in a food processor and pulse until coarse crumbs are created. Press into the prepared pan and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the edges are slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling by microwaving together the corn syrup and chocolate chips, stopping to stir occasionally until the chips have melted. Let cool, then add the remaining filling ingredients and beat to combine. Pour over the hot crust and bake for 27 minutes, or until the outer edges are firm and the center is only slightly jiggly.
- While the filling bakes, prepare the caramel layer by stirring together all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. When the pan is deemed ready to remove from the oven, let it sit for 10 minutes before dolloping on the caramel layer and spreading it evenly over the chocolate layer. Then return the pan to the oven for another 25-35 minutes, or until the bars are just set. Let cool completely before cutting.