If you were ever wondering how to make keto buffalo wings, it’s easy! Unlike many other recipes that require baking or frying, this recipe simply requires a broiler. To make the buffalo sauce we all know and love, you simply combine Frank’s Red Hot sauce and butter – that’s it! You can also add any seasonings of your choice like some extra salt, pepper, paprika or garlic powder.
Keto Buffalo Wings
- 6 chicken wings (6 wingettes, 6 drumettes)
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- garlic powder
- cayenne (optional)
- Start by breaking your chicken wings into 2 pieces (the wingettes and drumettes, discarding the tips). Pour a bit of Frank’s Red Hot sauce over the wings, just enough to coat them lightly.
- Season your wings and toss to cover them well. Refrigerate for about an hour. If you’re strapped for time, you can skip the refrigeration and move on to the next step.
- Turn your broiler on to high and place the oven rack about 6 inches from the broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum paper. Lay out the chicken wings so they have enough space between them for the flame to reach the sides.
- Let them cook under the broiler for about 8 minutes. The tops of the wings should turn a nice dark brown. Some bits may turn almost black if they’re very close to the flames.
- While they’re broiling, melt down 2 tablespoons of butter and the rest of your hot sauce. You may season it lightly with cayenne pepper if you’d like a spicier keto buffalo wings Once the butter has melted, take the sauce off the heat.
- Take the wings out of the broiler and flip them. Place them back in the broiler for 6-8 minutes. Keep an eye on them!
- Once they’re nice and browned on all sides, place them in a deep mixing bowl and pour your prepared hot sauce over them. Toss to coat them evenly. Enjoy!
Macros per 6 keto buffalo wings:
- 620 Calories
- 46g of Fat
- 48g of Protein
- 1g of Net Carbs