Butter Chicken Recipe
Butter Chicken is an authentic recipe and is also called as Chicken Makhani or Murg Makhani. It is a traditional and Indian Non-Veg recipe. It is one of the most popular Indian chicken recipes and favorite of all for its mild flavor and deliciously rich gravy.
Serves :4 | Prep Time:25 min. |Cook Time: 80 min.
- Chicken – 1/2 Kg. (Medium Pieces)
- Butter – 2 tbsp.
- Diced Onions – 2 Medium
- Tomato Puree – 1/2 Cup
- Cashew Paste – 3 tbsp.
- Kasuri Methi – 2 tbsp.
- Chilli Powder – 2 tsp.
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp.
- Curd – 2 tbsp.
- Chat Masala – 1 tsp.
- Red Colour – 2 Pinches
- Salt – to taste
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp.
- Black Salt – 2 Pinches
- Green Chillis – 3
- Fresh Cream – 1 tsp.(Optional)
- Sugar – 1/4 tsp. (Optional)
- Grated Boiled Egg – 1 (Optional)
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Chopped Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp.(only for garnishing)
- Chicken Stock
- Wash chicken thoroughly. Marinate chicken with turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, curd, red chilli powder, red colour, salt, 1 tsp. oil, half tsp. chat masala and half tsp. kasuri methi for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, boil the above in a kadai for about 15 – 20 minutes on low flame and keep aside.
- Boil onion and green chilli in a different vessel (small) with half cup of water on low flame for about 10 minutes. Once cooled, grind to form paste.
- Take a kadai, heat oil and butter. Then add onion chilly paste and saute thoroughly on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Once it appears tight, add tomato puree and cashew paste. Stir well for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Add chicken and chicken stock (water if stock not available) and add remaining chat masala, kasuri methi, black salt and garam masala.
- Add fresh cream and sugar(optional).
- Close the lid for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Garnish with grated egg or coriander leaves while serving.
Nutrient Amount per Serving(250gm)
Cholesterol 0.7 mg
Carbohydrate 28.8 g