Vegetarian Enchiladas Recipe
Vegetarian Enchiladas are cheesy, delicious,filling and Gluten Free. Nobody will miss the meat! Not only are these enchiladas muy delicioso, but they’re also ridiculously easy to make – PLUS meat & potato-eating husbands love them too!
gluten free vegetarian serves 2-3
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- dash of garlic salt
- dash of red pepper flakes
- 1-10oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and excess water squeezed out
- 1 cup fat-fat cottage cheese, drained
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 14.5oz can red enchilada sauce
- 4oz shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and sauté onion until tender. Add garlic salt, red pepper flakes and spinach. Sauté until spinach is warmed through, then remove the skillet from the heat.
- Combine drained cottage cheese and Greek yogurt in a bowl. Stir in spinach mixture after it has cooled slightly.
- Wrap corn tortillas in a paper towel and microwave for 40 seconds, flipping half way through. Add a scant 1/4 cup filling to the middle of each tortilla, roll and place seam side down in a baking dish.
- Pour enchilada sauce over tortillas, top with cheese and bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese has melted and sauce is bubbly.