Here are a few tips for relieving stress which you can apply in your life to reduce your stress.
Always remember it is easy to change ourselves rather than trying to change someone else. Learn to accept realities.
I have personally applied many of the tips given below and have had positive outcomes.
Take a nutritious diet which is very important for both physical and mental health. Include lot of fresh organic fruits, vegetables, pulses, sprouts in your diet.
- Take up a hobby (anything you like) besides your profession as it is a great way to relieve your stress. For example, if you love plants, you can take up gardening as it will help to you to relax and de-stress.
- Listen to any music of your choice as it helps you to relax.
- Go for an early morning walk and enjoy the fresh air,the birds chirping, the greenery, the beautiful sunrise. It is a sure way to de-stress yourself. You will forget yourself in nature’s wonders.
- Practice deep abdominal breathing as will keep your stress hormones down. When you inhale your stomach should bulge out, when you exhale it should go in. You can practice for a few minutes daily.
- Practicing yoga is found to be effective in relieving stress and anxiety. Savasana or the corpse pose relaxes the body thoroughly.
- Do some form of exercise regularly as it helps to turn down the production of stress hormones.
- Practicing meditation is also a great way to relieve stress but it needs practice.
- Take an occasional break from your routine work and enjoy a lovely holiday.
- Massage is a great way to de-stress yourself. Have a massage with essential oil or a warm scented bath.
- Light a candle, have a bubble bath, put on some soothing music, enjoy the rain, in other words indulge yourself in small pleasures of life.
- Don’t bottle up your emotions, share it with a trusted friend or write it in a piece of paper and tear it .
- Sleep is very essential for the body as it is rejuvenating and helps us to relax .
- Laughter is the best medicine. Watch a humorous movie, crack jokes which is a great way to de stress.
- Plan your day well, be organized and practice time management techniques.
- Learn to forgive others and forgive yourself.
- Be optimistic as it helps to lower stress.
Leave a Reply