Summer Grilled Cheese recipe
Fresh basil, tomato, and dill take on that classic, comforting grilled cheese for a summer makeover!
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 8 slices of bread of choice
- 8oz of cheese of choice, sliced
- 1 medium tomato sliced
- Handful of fresh basil (about 3 large leaves or so per sandwich)
- A Pre-heat your griddle or skillet while you prepare the sandwiches.
- In a small dish, mix the butter, dried dill, and dried basil and then spread a thin layer on each slice of the bread.
- Stack the cheese, tomato, and basil on the non-buttered side of the bread and place on the hot griddle. Put another slice of the buttered bread on top to complete the sandwich – buttered side up. Continue this step to complete all 4 sandwiches into the pan.
- Let the sandwiches cook over medium/high heat about 2 minutes and flip them over to toast the other side, and then serve.