Apple Dumplings Recipe
Apple Dumplings are warm, gooey, and the crunchy part with the sugar on top! And easy – it really probably couldn’t get any easier. You put some whipped cream or vanilla ice cream with these babies and prepare to be amazed.
- 1 apple
- 1 8-count tube of crescent rolls (8 oz)
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 6 oz Sprite
- Core and peel apple into eight slices.
- Open can of crescent rolls and unroll. Place one apple slice on the wide end of one crescent and roll it up in the crescent.
- Place into a greased 8×8 (or 9×9) pan. Continue with other rolls.
- In a small bowl combine melted butter, sugar, cinnamon, and flour and mix until just combined.
- Spoon over each crescent.
- Pour Sprite into empty space in the middle of pan (NOT over the crescents).
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes or until crescents are golden brown.
- Serve warm with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.