No Bake Keto Grasshopper Pie it’s a refreshing, delicious dessert, easy to make and very yummy! With an easy chocolate crust and a no-bake filling, this is a perfect keto dessert! If you need a quick, easy no-bake dessert, you’ve found it! No Bake Keto Grasshopper Pie recipe is the perfect treat for the hot summer days! Also a fun holiday festive treat.
Most minty desserts get that burst of fresh flavor from using extract, but I love adding in real mint leaves any chance I get. Using real mint not only gives you a few added nutritional benefits (it can help with indigestion, for example) but it also adds a flavor that is unmatched. You can clearly taste the pungent flavor of fresh mint leaves!
Rather than use a traditional chocolate cookie crust, we created an almond flour and cocoa powder blend that is mixed with sweet, no carb erythritol and pure, delicious butter. The crust does not need to be baked (another awesome fact about this entire pie- no oven required!), but just chilled.
Heavy cream is always our friend when on a keto diet and is also an ingredient that was part of the original grasshopper pie. The cream will make the pie silky and rich so do not substitute it for another kind of milk. Gelatin is another ingredient that need not be changed in order make a low carb dish and, we want to stay true to the original Knox recipe!
No Bake Keto Grasshopper Pie
No Bake Keto Grasshopper Pie
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 5 tbsp Swerve Sweetener
- 3 1/2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 1/2 cups cream divided
- 1/2 cups fresh mint leaves chopped
- 3 tbsp vodka or water
- 2 tsp grassfed gelatin
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 4 egg yolks large
- 1 drop green gel food coloring optional
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder, and sweetener. Add melted butter and stir until well combined.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch glass or ceramic pie pan.
- Refrigerate until filling is ready.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, bring 1 & 1/2 cups cream and mint leaves to a simmer. Remove from heat, cover with a lid and let steep 30 minutes.
- Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl or glass measuring cup, to remove mint leaves. Set aside.
- In the saucepan, whisk together vodka or water and gelatin. Let stand one minute to gel, then add strained cream mixture and mint extract. Return to medium heat and whisk until gelatin is dissolved and mixture is hot to the touch.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks with powdered sweetener. Slowly whisk in about 1 cup of the hot cream mixture to temper yolks, then slowly whisk egg yolks back into hot cream. Whisk until mixture thickens slightly and reaches about 160F on an instant read thermometer.
- Remove from heat, and whisk in green food colouring, if using. Refrigerate until cool and thickened to a pudding-like consistency, about half an hour, whisking every few minutes to avoid clumps.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl beat remaining cream to stiff peaks. When mint mixture is cool, gently fold into whipped cream to combine.
- Spread in prepared crust and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. Garnish with more whipped cream and chocolate shavings, as desired.
Each serving has:
Total NET CARBS = 4.6 g.
- Calories: 260
- Saturated fatty acids: 11.13g
- Total fat: 23.82g
- Cholesterol: 123mg
- Carbohydrate: 7g
- Total dietary fiber: 2.40g
- Protein: 6.67g
- Sodium: 34mg
Check out more yummy keto desserts:
If you love this No Bake Keto Grasshopper Pie as much as I do, please give it a five star review and help me share this recipe on facebook!
Please follow us on Facebook Page and enjoy our collection of recipes, crafts, fitness, health tips, gardening, DIY and more…