Easy Roast Chicken and Vegetables Recipe
- 2kg whole chicken
- 1 medium lemon, roughly chopped
- 1 celery stalk, trimmed, chopped
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g chat potatoes
- 3 small carrots, peeled, thickly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Rinse chicken under cold running water. Pat dry (including cavity) with paper towel. Place in a large roasting pan. Place lemon, celery and bay leaf in chicken cavity. Drizzle chicken with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Tie legs together with kitchen string.
- Roast for 30 minutes. Add potatoes, carrot and garlic to pan. Roast for 50 to 55 minutes or until juices run clear when thickest part of chicken is pierced with a skewer. Add asparagus, tossing in pan juices. Roast for 5 minutes.
- Serve chicken with vegetables and pan juices.
Leave a Reply