Banana Ice Cream Recipe
Before summer is over, try this genius 60-second banana ice cream recipe that turns fruit into a delicious dessert. If you’re looking for a healthier way to satisfy your sweet tooth, you have to try banana ice cream, sometimes also called nana ice cream or n’ice cream. All you need is frozen bananas and a high speed blender. It’s so rich, creamy, sweet, and decadent, you seriously won’t even realize there’s no dairy or added sugar.
Banana N’ice Cream Base
- 2 frozen bananas*
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
Add Ins: (choose a favorite)
- Chocolate: 2 -3 tsp. cacao powder
- Chocolate Almond Butter: 2-3 tsp. cacao powder + 1 Tbsp. almond butter
- Carob: 2-3 tsp. carob powder
- Date: 3-4 pitted dates + 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Strawberry Mint: 1 cup frozen strawberries + 6 mint leaves
- Coconut: 1 Tbsp. coconut butter or shredded coconut
- Almond Ginger: 1 Tbsp almond butter or 1 Tbsp. almonds + 1/2 inch piece peeled ginger
- Place all ingredients (banana base plus the add in ingredients of your choice) into a high speed blender and blend on high until soft serve ice cream consistency is reached, which should be about 30-60 seconds.
- Taste to determine if you want to add more of any add ins, and re-blend if needed. Otherwise, simply spoon out and serve!
*Peel overripe bananas, break in half, and put in a zip top freezer bag. Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight. It’s a good idea to leave a big batch of frozen bananas in your freezer, so you have some on hand when the mood strikes!