Aloo mutter (also spelled aloo mattar or aloo matar) is a Punjabi dish which is made from potatoes and peas in a spiced creamy based sauce. A favourite for vegetarians…
Aloo Mutter Recipe
Serves: 3 Prep Time: 10 mins. Cook Time: 20 mins.
- Potatoes – 1 cm cubes(boiled)4 medium
- Green peas shelled(blanched) – 1 1/4 cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp.
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Green chilli – 1 slit
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp.
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Coriander powder- 1 1/2 tsp.
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp.
- Salt – to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves – 2 tbsp.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds and when it crackles add ginger and green chilli, stir-fry for a minute.
- Add green peas, potatoes and stir fry till for 2 minutes.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, and coriander powder and stir-fry at slow heat till the spices blend well with the vegetables.
- Add salt and Garam masala and finish with chopped coriander leaves.
Nutrient Amount per Serving(250 gm.)
- Calories 184.2
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Protein 4.6 g
Leave a Reply