Make your Own Anti Ageing Treatments
You don’t have to spend a fortune or cover your face with chemical-laden creams to reap anti-ageing benefits. Create these youth-enhancing treatments from all-natural ingredients at home.
Anti-ageing face mask and exfoliator
- 35g white clay.
- 5g raspberry seeds or ground rice.
- 10g pineapple powder.
- Either frankincense, lavender or palmarosa essential oil.
Clays are rich in minerals and are great for deeply cleansing the skin as they draw out toxins.
They also help tone the skin. White cosmetic clay (kaolin clay) has a high mineral content and gentle natural absorbent properties, making it ideal for sensitive, dry and mature skins.
Raspberry seeds and ground rice are key for exfoliation.
Pineapple powder is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, iron, phosphorus and calcium. It’s also rich in natural enzymes, which help remove dead cells and refresh the skin. It suits any skin type and possesses wonderful skin-refreshing properties.
Frankincense is one of the best-known regenerating essential oils; it encourages new cell growth and slows the signs of ageing.
Lavender has well-documented skin healing and preserving properties. It is suitable for all skin types and boasts hydrating and replenishing qualities.
Palmarosa is one of the best skincare essential oils; hydrating and moisturising, replenishing and rejuvenating, it is also healing with good skin toning properties.
- Mix the ingredients (clay, seeds/rice and powder) into a bowl and then store dry, eg in a sealed plastic bag or a lock and seal tupperware box. Do not add essential oils at this stage.
- For one application take two teaspoons of mixture and mix with one drop of your chosen essential oil. Add one to two teaspoons of warm water, herbal infusion, milk or yoghurt. The lactic acid in milk and yoghurt will have a gently exfoliating action on the skin.
- These face masks are two-in-one, so apply them, let them set for 10 to 15 minutes then rinse off in circular motions to get the exfoliating action.
Anti-ageing facial serum
- 10ml amber glass bottle with pipette top.
- 10ml rosehip oil.
- 10ml olive squalane.
- 3 drops frankincense essential oil.
- 3 drops lavender essential oil.
Frankincense is one of the best known regenerating essential oils; it encourages new cell growth and slows the signs of ageing.
Lavender has well-documented skin healing and preserving properties, is suitable for all skin types and has hydrating and replenishing qualities.
Rosehip oil is regenerating and rejuvenating and therefore helps to repair damaged skin, acne and reduce wrinkles and scars.
Olive squalane moisturises and protects the skin, hence its nickname – ‘facelift in a bottle’.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a 20ml glass amber bottle.
- Put the pipette top on and seal tightly until you hear a clicking noise.
- Give it a small shake – it is now ready to be used. Massage one to two drops of serum into the face in the morning or evening.