Slow Cooker Loaded Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Every year my Mom made cream cheese mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving. I tailored the recipe to my family’s taste and carried on the tradition. I make them a day ahead and use my slow cooker to free up oven space for other dishes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling Cook: 3 hours MAKES: 10 servings
- 3 pounds cubed peeled potatoes (about 9 medium)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven, adding water to cover. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until tender, 10-15 minutes. Drain; return to pan. Mash with cream cheese, sour cream, butter and milk. Stir in bacon, cheeses, onions and seasonings. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- Transfer to a greased 3- or 4-quart slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 3-3-1/2 hours.