Do you have dark coarse leg hair? Can you bleach your leg hair naturally? Below learn how to lighten and soften dark thick leg hair at home using natural bleaches such as lemon, hydrogen peroxide and milk. Also, go through a step by step procedure on how to lighten leg hair using hair bleaching cream.
Not many people like to shave or wax their leg hair. And even if they do- not all the time. While shaving or waxing are faster ways of removing unwanted hair, doing it too regularly makes hair grow faster and thicker. This also comes with side effects like, pain, dark skin and shaving bumps. Lightening leg hair is a natural, painless and inexpensive way of making it softer and less noticeable. It also helps to make hair softer and get rid of it with time. Some of these methods even help to slow down leg hair growth. Here is how to lighten leg hair at home, naturally.
How to Lighten Leg Hair with Lemon Juice
Does lemon juice lighten leg hair? How does lemon bleach leg hair? If you are looking for how to make leg hair lighter, this should be your number one option. Due to its acidic nature, lemon juice has long been used as a natural way to lighten leg hair. Here is how to lighten leg hair with lemon juice,
- Squeeze enough lemon into a bowl
- Use a cotton swab to apply the fresh lemon juice to your leg hair
- Allow it to sit for 20 minutes then rinse off with warm water
Alternatively, you can use lemon a half a slice of lemon and gently rub it onto your legs to bleach hair. It also helps to exfoliate skin.
It is important to note that lemon is mildly acidic in nature. The process of lightening leg hair using lemon is gradual. This calls for several applications for you to get a significant results- this depends on how thick and dark your leg hair. Discontinue application if you experience redness and skin irritation. Do not apply lemon juice to open skin or cuts.
Lemon Juice and Sugar to Lighten Leg Hair
A combination of sugar and lemon will help to exfoliate skin and lighten leg hair. While lemon juice lightens the color of hair, sugar rubs on the hairs making them softer and weaker. This will help to remove the unwanted hair with time.
- Mix some sugar and water in a ball, add lemon juice into the solution and mix we;
- Apply the mixture on your legs in the direction of hair growth
- Allow it to sit on your legs for 20 minutes
- Rub gently with your hands for 5 minutes then wash off with warm water
- Do this three times a week for lighter and less leg hair
Note that due to its acidic nature, when lemon is used in excess to bleach leg hair, it can dry out your skin. It is for this reason that you should always remember to moisturize your skin before and after bleaching leg hair with lemon juice.
Lemon Juice and Honey
- Mix one tablespoon each of lemon and honey
- Apply it on your legs and leave it for 15-20 minutes
- Scrub lightly and rinse out with warm water
Honey forms a tight mask as it dries on the skin. This will help to moisturize, soften and gradually pull out the unwanted hairs. It also serves to counteract the drying effect of lemon by moisturizing the skin. Lime juice can also be used in the same way.
How to Bleach Leg Hair with Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is one of the best ways to lighten leg hair. It is a cheap, easy alternative to diminish the appearance of leg hair. Here is how to bleach leg hair with hydrogen peroxide:
- In a bowl, add ¼ cup of 6% hydrogen peroxide
- Add in several drops of lemon juice and ½ tablespoon of ammonia
- Mix the contents and apply to the legs
- Wash off with cool water after 5-10 minutes
- Repeat this procedure several times a week until you achieve the desired effects
Hydrogen peroxide can be very harsh on the skin and to some it may trigger allergic reactions. It is recommended that you do a small patch test on your legs to gauge the skin reaction.
Bleaching Leg Hair At Home with Cream
There are many hair lightening creams that can be used to lighten leg hair. They are made in a way that while they remain effective in bleaching leg hair, they are also gentle on the skin. Creams are also made in different strengths to match the different areas of the body in line with skin sensitivity. Sally Hansen crème is one such product that can be used to lighten hair on arms, legs and the face.
Bleaching leg hair at home with cream is very effective -just that with this method, the results are not permanent. One has to reapply the creams every 6-8 weeks to maintain the newly achieved hair color.
- Wash and pat dry the legs
- Do a patch test the apply as instructed on the packaging
- Allow it to sit as directed
- Wash off with lukewarm water making sure that none is left on your legs. Do not use soap for the next 4 hours
Note that the time it takes for the cream to lighten hair depends on the texture and thickness of your hair. Coarse hair takes a longer time to achieve the desired effects. Do not expose your skin in the sun as soon as you are done lightening hair with cream. If you have sensitive skin, opt for natural methods of bleaching leg hair.
With many hair lightening creams in the market, it is best to stick to one familiar brand to avoid those with harmful chemicals. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions to the letter to avoid unwanted results.
How to Make Leg Hair less Noticeable- Naturally
Natural methods of bleaching leg hair held to lighten dark hair and soften it. For some people bleaching with creams, hydrogen peroxide and lemon juice may be a little too harsh on the skin. Natural ingredients such as milk will lighten hair color and also soothe the skin. Here is how to make leg hair less noticeable naturally.
Milk to Lighten Leg Hair
Milk is a great ingredient for healthy radiant skin. Other than smoothing out wrinkles, milk can also be used to lighten unwanted body hair making it less noticeable.
- You can simply dab a cotton wool in cool un-boiled milk or cream and apply it to the legs. Allow it to dry then wash off with warm water. Do this once every day until you get desired results.
- Fill in a bathtub with milk as much as you can. Soak and wash in the milk for as long as you can. Do this once weekly- you should be able to get results a month.
You can also use milk and papaya paste to lighten leg hair.
Brazilian Golden Shower to Bleach Leg Hair
I first learnt about the Brazilian golden shower through Jessica Simpson’s The Price of Beauty. Brazilian women do not shave unwanted body hair but rather bleach it to a golden color that is less noticeable. A yellow/gold cream is applied to the area of the body that you want to bleach hair while you sit in the sun- this is because the cream is activated by the sun. You will find most Brazilian women with this bleach cream at the beach.
Sit in the sun for about half an hour and then wash off by jumping into the ocean or pool. The cream also stings a little. Once you start to feel the sting then you know it is time to jump into the pool. This will make your hair less noticeable with golden highlights in the sun. The golden hairs give a god contrast with dark or tanned skin.
It is important to always have in mind that leg hair bleaching will not work the same for everyone. Some of these methods may have to be used several times to get the desired results.