Lemon Bars Recipe
Everyone loves homemade Lemon Bars! This is the best lemon bars recipe. These refreshing sweet and lightly tart Lemon Bars are very tasty dessert.
- 42 c. flour
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 packet True Lemon, divided (optional)
- 1 c. butter
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 2 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2-3 drops pure lemon oil (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 c. flour
- Grated rind of 1 lemon (optional)
- First mix 3 ingredients using half of the True Lemon packet (optional). Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter as you would when making pie crust until it resembles coarse crumbs.
Press crumb mixture into a 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients (and the other half of the True Lemon packet) to make the lemon filling.
- Pour over crust and bake for 25 minutes at 350°F or until lightly golden on top. Sprinkle with powdered sugar when cool.
- Cut into bars.