Coconut Papaya Smoothie Recipe
Papaya is often spouted as a wonder fruit, said to possess anti-inflammatory properties and improve the health of those with heart conditions and cancer, in particular, colon cancer. It is a natural remedy for many ailments, including atherosclerosis, heart disease, and rheumatoid arthritis, and helps keep your digestive and immune systems healthy. It also contains the flavonoid beta carotene, which studies have proven to help protect against lung and mouth cancers.
It also contains a digestive enzyme called papain, to assist in the breakdown and metabolism of nutrients, specifically proteins.
- ½ small fresh papaya
- Flesh and water of 1 young coconut
- 1 tsp LSA (linseed, sunflower, almond meal)
- 1 tsp raw honey (if needed)
- Blend all ingredients in high-speed blender until smooth.
- Transfer to glass or store in airtight container in the fridge.