Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup is creamy, comforting, and easy to make. Vegan and gluten-free.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and diced (about 5 cups)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced (about 3 cups)
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped, (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Start by warming the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Sauté the onion and the carrot for about three to five minutes.
- Next, add the squash and sweet potato to the pot and pour in the vegetable broth.
- Then add the spices and salt and bring to a boil. Once it has started to boil, reduce to a simmer and cover while allowing it to cook for about twenty minutes or until all of the veggies are very tender.
- Using an immersion blender or regular blender, puree the vegetables until a thick, smooth consistency is reached.
- Pour in the coconut milk and continue to blend until it is mixed thoroughly. Serve warm with fresh bread and enjoy!