Best Homemade BBQ Sauce
Really is there a better way to prepare for outdoor cooking than homemade BBQ sauce!
It’s pretty much any griller’s favorite sauce. Heck whether you are griller, broiler or baker, it is still probably your favorite sauce.
- 1 1/4 cups ketchup, preferably organic
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice (or you can sub apple cider vinegar)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon worchestire sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (use less if you don’t like the heat)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 cold water mixed with 1 tablespoon corn starch (optional)
Combine all the ingredients except the water and corn starch mixture in a medium size sauce pot. Bring to a boil and reduce and simmer for five minutes or until all the sugar has dissolved. If you like a thicker BBQ Sauce add the water and corn starch mixture. Simmer until desired thickness is reached, but watch closely. It thickens really fast! Serve immediately or cover and store in fridge.
This homemade BBQ sauce is exactly what the title of the post says it is. It is the best homemade BBQ sauce you’ll ever have.