How to Get Rid of Bad Breath?
Everyone desires to be beautiful and smell like a dream…but sometimes, after eating some delicious dishes with onions or garlic, bad breath can cancel all our efforts. Today, let’s talk about 7 tips on how to get rid of bad breath:
1) A very easy way to get rid of bad breath is to simply eat an apple. Not only you will enjoy the healthy and tasty snack, but also, apples are known to stimulate the production of saliva and eliminate nasty breath! Pears will do similar job.
2) Drink some green tea. Yes, green tea contains a lot of antioxidants and is not only beneficial for the beauty of your skin and for maintaining your youth, but also, green tea can help you banish bad breath. It contains catechin – strong antioxidant which is very effective in fighting the bacteria in the mouth.
3) Eat a yogurt and banish bad breath. Certain studies have shown that yogurt, containing some live active cultures – “good bacteria” – can very effectively overpower bad breath, because bad breath is often caused by bacteria in the mouth. If you add some honey into your yogurt (honey also has antibacterial properties) – you’ll get not only strong “cure”, but also a delicious dessert! Isn’t it wonderful?!
4) Avoid eating foods that cause bad breath, such as garlic, onions, certain spices and coffee, because prevention is the key! Also, remember to brush your tongue, practice good dental hygiene (brush your teeth, at least, twice a day and floss every day) and drink loads of water, because odor causing bacteria loves to live in a dry mouth (like the mouth we have in the morning, for example).
5) Chewing some parsley is also a good way to freshen your mouth and mask nasty breath, because it contains chlorophyll. So, if you are having a dinner with your special someone, don’t hesitate to eat your salad with parsley! Some other herbs that can do similar job freshening your breath are: cinnamon, celery, eucalyptus, coriander, cardamom and rosemary.
6) Fruits rich in Vitamin C are not only beneficial for the whole system and can powerfully fight free radicals to help slow down the ageing process, but also Vitamin C rich fruits can quickly freshen your breath! So, don’t hesitate to eat oranges, grapefruits and berries to keep bacteria in check.
7) Salt water mouthwash can be an easy and efficient remedy from bad breath, because salt will quickly neutralize bacteria in your mouth and also, can help sooth sensitive gums. Just mix some salt in the glass of lukewarm water and rinse your mouth with it for a moment (make sure you don’t swallow this mixture!) – your breath instantly will be freshened!
And finally, follow the “good breath diet” adding more of crispy fruits and vegetables into your daily intake, remembering to drink plenty of water; doing so, will be very beneficial for your overall well-being, as well as your dental health!