Studies claim that mineral water is the healthiest kind of bottled water you can have. It is much better than tap water because it is free of chemicals, but contains essential minerals that can enhance your health. Its calcium content is great for bone health, and the magnesium helps maintain normal blood pressure and supports the heart function.
Buying bottled mineral water everyday can be quite expensive. Why not prepare it at home?
- 1 liter filtered tap water
- 1/8th teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8th teaspoon Epsom salt (USP grade)
- 1/8th teaspoon potassium bicarbonate
- Seltzer bottle
- Fill an open vessel with 1 liter of filtered tap water.
- Put 1/8th teaspoon of baking soda in the water. This adds the mineral sodium to the water.
- Next, add 1/8th teaspoon of Epsom salt to the filtered water that has been treated with baking soda. This increases the purity of the water.
- Finally add 1/8th teaspoon of potassium bicarbonate to the mixture.
- Stir the solution so that all the ingredients blend well.
- Pass the water through a seltzer bottle to complete the final step.
- Once you squeeze the handle of this bottle, you will get freshly-made mineral water.
Different brands have their own compositions and recipes. But this is the most basic way to prepare safe, nourishing drinking water.