People have different types of hair depending on their genetic nature, the climate of the place they live in and according to the food they consume. There are many other factors which affect the thickness and thinning of hair. People suffer from hair loss at some stages in their life. Though thinning of hair is not fully avoidable, you can use many home remedies to keep your hair appear thicker. The most important thing to do to keep the hair fuller is to avoid any use of chemical hair products which cause thinning.
There are many natural remedies which will be able to prevent the loss of hair and which can revive the growth of the hair. There are a few important home remedies that will help you to increase the volume of your hair. They are safe and they are cheaper than other artificial methods for making the hair look fuller.
Here are the top home remedies that you can try out to get stronger and thicker hair naturally:
1. Aloe Vera
One of the most popular ingredients that will help in providing thicker hair is Aloe Vera. The Aloe Vera gel is a natural ingredient that has a lot of health benefits and is an effective gel to improve the thickness of the hair.
- Take two or three Aloe Vera leaves and cut each one into two halves. Extract the gel from these leaves and apply it on to the scalp.
- Allow this gel to work on your hair and scalp for about half an hour.
- Rinse it off with well with lukewarm water thoroughly.
- You can also make another mix of Aloe Vera gel, a little amount of brandy and an egg. Mix well and then apply on your scalp evenly.
- Leave it on your scalp for fifteen to twenty minutes, then wash it off with water and then shampoo your hair with a mild shampoo.
- Try this remedy once or twice a week to enjoy healthier and thicker hair.
- Consuming a tablespoon of Aloe Vera juice every day on an empty stomach will also help in improving hair growth.
2. Orange Juice
Orange has citric acid properties which will help in easily getting rid of dandruff on the scalp. It will also help in improving the thickness of the hair and promotes hair growth.
- Take the orange peel and mash it in a beater to make a pulp.
- Apply this pulp on your hair as a hair pack once a week. Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it off.
- Use this at least once a week to enjoy good hair growth.
- Mix equal portions of orange juice as well as apple puree and then apply it on to your scalp and hair.
- Leave it there for 30 minutes and then wash it off with plain water.
- Try this remedy once a week to soon enjoy longer and thicker hair.
- You can also mix equal amount of orange juice and olive oil and apply it on your hair after warming it slightly.
- Leave it there for half an hour and then wash it off with plain water.
The egg is the best ingredient that you can think of when it comes to providing the necessary proteins for your hair. It is important for you to give regular protein treatment for your hair in order to make it thicker and stronger and there is no better home remedy that is available than eggs.
- Break 2 medium sized eggs in a bowl and beat the eggs well so that they mix well.
- Apply the beaten egg on your wet hair and allow it to rest on your hair for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash your hair in lukewarm water and also use a mild shampoo on your hair so that the smell of the egg disappears from your hair.
- If you would like to enjoy stronger and thicker hair, then you need to try this home remedy at least three to four times a week.
- You can also mix an egg yolk with a tablespoon of regular hair oil as ell as two tablespoons of water. This has to be mixed properly.
- Now massage your scalp thoroughly with this mixture for about ten minutes,.
- Leave it on your scalp for another 10 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Try this remedy once a week to enjoy thicker hair after a few weeks.
Avocado is another natural ingredient that you can use on your scalp and hair to enjoy thicker and stronger hair.
- Mash the avocado fruit and the banana and mix them well.
- Now apply this mixture on your scalp evenly and massage it gently.
- Leave it there on your scalp for about half an hour so that all the nutrients present in the mixture are completely absorbed by the scalp.
- Wash your hair thoroughly with plain water after 15 minutes and then shampoo your hair with a mild shampoo. You can also use a conditioner on your hair.
- Your hair will look thicker and healthier once it gets dry.
- Try this treatment two to three times a week to get thicker hair.
- You can also prepare a natural hair mask at home by mixing two tablespoons of olive oil with half a ripe mashed avocado.
- You need to apply this home made mask on freshly shampooed hair and allow it to rest on the scalp for about 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with water and then apply some conditioner on your hair to enjoy thicker hair.
5. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek is another excellent natural home remedy that you can try out on your hair to prevent hair loss as well as to strengthen the volume of your hair.
- Take two to three tablespoons of fenugreek seeds and soak them in plain water for about 10 hours. You can soak the fenugreek seeds in water overnight so that you can use it in the morning.
- Make a fine paste of the soaked fenugreek seeds by adding a little bit of water in a blender or mixer.
- Apply this mixture on your scalp and allow it to react with your scalp for about half an hour.
- Now, you can wash it off with lukewarm water.
- You can use this mixture on your scalp regularly to get rid of the dry scalp and to improve the volume of your hair.
- You can also try rinsing your hair with the water in which you had soaked the fenugreek seeds for about 10 hours.
- This will also help in getting rid of the dandruff and to boost hair growth on your scalp.
6. Gooseberry (Indian):
The Indian gooseberry is a very important and natural ingredient that you can think of using on your hair and scalp in order to improve the growth of your hair and to maintain a healthy scalp. The Indian gooseberry is loaded with anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, exfoliating as well as antioxidant properties that will help in hair growth.
- Take a tablespoon of dried gooseberry and put it in two tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Boil this oil for about few minutes and then strain this oil.
- Use this oil on your scalp and massage your scalp gently for a few minutes. It would be better for you to use this oil on your scalp before going to bed.
- Shampoo your hair the next day in the morning and repeat this remedy four times a week to see hair growth.
- Boil dried gooseberry or powdered Indian gooseberry in water for a few minutes and leave it in the water overnight.
- Use this water to rinse your hair the next day. This will help in thickening your hair on regular use.
- You can also take in gooseberry fruit or its extract everyday as a dietary supplement to enjoy thicker hair.
7. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is one of the best home remedies for promoting hair growth. Massaging the scalp with pure heated coconut oil is very effective in achieving thick hair. The proteins present in virgin coconut oil provide the nourishment for hair growth. Massaging the scalp with hot coconut oil will improve the blood circulation to the scalp and in better absorption of the nutrients by the hair follicles.
- Heat the coconut oil and massage the oil to the scalp using the fingertips.
- Always massage in circular motion, do not apply too much pressure.
- After applying the oil cover your head with a thick towel dipped in hot water.
- Leave the oil on hair for half an hour and wash it off with mild shampoo.
- Repeat this remedy at least once a week to get strong, thick and long hair.
8. Olive oil
Olive oil contains omega three fatty acids which help in proper growth of the hair. Using olive oil to massage the scalp as well as including virgin olive oil in your diet can prevent hair loss and promote thicker hair growth.
- Before going to bath, apply olive oil on your hair and massage using the fingertips.
- Leave the oil on hair for about half an hour and rinse away oil using mild shampoo.
- You can also apply olive oil on your hair before going to bed at night and can wash it off in the next day morning.
- You can also mix olive oil with honey and apply this mixture on the hair and wash it off after half an hour to get soft and strong hair.
9. Flax Seed
Flax seed is not just a natural ingredient that has lots of health boosters but it also helps in increasing hair thickness. The fatty acids that are present in the flaxseed will help in thickening the hair naturally.
• Mix three tablespoons of flax seeds in a bowl of water and keep it in water for about five days.
• Dip a cotton ball in this flaxseed solution and then apply it directly on your scalp.
• Leave it there for ten minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
• Repeat this process daily and this will help in providing thicker hair on your scalp after a few days.
• You can also eat a teaspoon of flax seed oil or ground flaxseeds every day to enjoy thick and shiny hair.
10. Henna Leaves
Henna powder and henna leaves extract is a very common ingredient that Indian women use on their hair once every week to improve the thickness of their hair. It is an age old remedy that women use to give natural color to their hair as well as to make it look softer and thicker.
- Take a few fresh henna leaves and grind them in a mixer with a little bit of water.
- Make it into a fine paste and leave it for a couple of hours.
- Then apply this paste on your scalp and cover the hair with a shower cap.
- Leave it there on your hair for about three hours and wash it off well with water. You can also use a conditioner on your hair after washing off the henna extract.
- Another remedy is to soak the henna powder in a bowl of water overnight.
- Add a raw egg to this henna paste and also add one or two teaspoons of fresh lemon juice. Mix this well and then apply this paste on your hair.
- Leave this paste on your hair for about half an hour and wash it off with lukewarm water.
- You need to repeat this process twice a week to see effective hair growth.
Are you not satisfied with the volume of hair you have on your head? Do you want to improve the thickness of the hair as well as improve the strength and length of your hair? If you are looking for the right natural and effective home remedies that will help in improving hair growth, then you can try out some of the above mentioned working home remedies that will help to improve hair volume naturally. All you need to do is to follow these home remedies religiously and you will be able to see a visible difference in the thickness of your hair as well as the texture of your hair in just a matter of few weeks.